Since its introduction in 2016, TikTok has become one of the most popular social networking sites. Now, with over 1 billion users across over 150 countries, TikTok has captured the attention of social media users of all demographics. This makes TikTok a powerful tool for promoting your business and growing your audience.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to:
- Set up Later for TikTok
- Save time scheduling and publishing posts
- Engage with your audience using the Conversations feature
- Grow your business with Linkin.bio
- Measure the success of your social strategy to plan effective content
Note: We recommend that you use a TikTok Business Account so that you can take advantage of features like Auto Publish, TikTok Analytics, Conversations, and Linkin.bio. Learn more about the differences between Business and Personal Accounts and how to switch between the two at the Help Center.
Set Up Later for TikTok
Before you start scheduling, you’ll have to connect your TikTok profile to your Later account. This can be done in a few simple steps within Later for Desktop:
- Select the + button on the empty TikTok icon above your Calendar
- Log into your TikTok account
- Authorize Later to access your TikTok account
Way to go! Now you’re ready to start scheduling and publishing your content.
To save time and make scheduling even easier, we recommend enabling Later’s Auto Publish feature. When Auto Publish is enabled for your TikTok profile, Later will automatically publish your posts at your specified time, giving you more time to deal with your to-do list.
Note: Auto Publish is only available for TikTok Business Accounts.
To set up Auto Publish for TikTok:
- Select Settings from the side menu in Later for Desktop
- From the settings menu, select Social Sets & Access Groups
- Select the Edit button to the right of the Social Set containing your TikTok profile
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the Enable button next to your TikTok profile
- Authorize Later to access your TikTok account
Save Time Scheduling and Publishing Your Posts
Now that you’re all set up, it’s time to start scheduling! Once you’ve uploaded content to your Media Library, you’re just a few steps away from sharing it with your audience.
To schedule a TikTok post in Later for Desktop:
- Select your video from the side library and drag it onto your Calendar
- Choose whether you’d like to publish the post via Auto Publish or Notification Publishing
- Set the date and time the post will be published
- Write a caption (or select a Saved Caption)
- Select Save
Tip: Captions are a great way to hack the TikTok Algorithm and get your videos recommended to a wider audience. TikTok categorizes content based on user interest, so caption keywords help make sure your post reaches its target audience. Including trending hashtags can also help to increase the reach of your posts and grow your audience.
Depending on the file you’ve uploaded to your media library, you may need to resize your video before it can be posted to your TikTok profile. You can easily resize and trim videos in Later by selecting the Edit Video button within the post builder. From here, select the TikTok Crop button to ensure the perfect size and trim your video to your desired length.
If you opt for Auto Publish, you will also have the option within the Post Builder to adjust your Privacy Settings. Here, you can decide to allow comments, duets, and stitches by toggling the options either on or off.
Tip: Save time and schedule video content simultaneously across your social channels with Later. Simply select the check mark on each of the profiles within your Social Set, drag a video onto your calendar, and customize your media to meet each platform’s requirements.
If you have a TikTok Business Account and have enabled Auto Publish, this will be your default method of publication for all scheduled TikTok posts. If you’ve opted to post with Notification Publishing, Later will send you a push notification at the publishing time you’ve selected.
To publish via Notification Publishing:
- Open the push notification on your mobile device
- Select Open in TikTok (confirm you’re logged into the correct TikTok account)
- Edit your video in the TikTok app
- Paste the caption Later has copied for you
- Post to TikTok
Posting On the Go with the Later Mobile App
Life gets busy, and sometimes you won’t have time to sit down and schedule posts. Later’s got you covered with the Later mobile app.
To schedule a post with the Later mobile app:
- Head to the Schedule tab and select the Create Post icon
- Choose your TikTok profile from the top of the post builder
- Select + and pick your video from your Media Library
- Add your caption and hashtags
- At the bottom of the post builder, choose either Auto Publish or Push Notification
- If choosing to Auto Publish, toggle whether you’d like to allow Comments, Duets, and Stitches
- Set a date and time to publish your post
- Select Schedule Post (or Save as Draft and come back later)
And voila! You're a multi-tasking master.
Save Time and Bulk Schedule with Later's Quick Schedule Feature
If you plan to stick to a consistent posting schedule, we recommend taking advantage of Later's Quick Schedule feature. Quick Scheduling saves a ton of time by allowing you to plan weeks of content in minutes. Once you have chosen your Quick Schedule time slots, you'll be able to post as many videos as you wish in just one click.
To set up and use Quick Schedule on Later for Desktop:
- First, make sure that only your TikTok profile is selected in your Calendar's Week View
- Double-click anywhere on your Calendar to open the Quick Schedule widget and select Get Started
- Choose up to seven Quick Schedule time slots for publishing
- Select any number of videos from your Media Library but hitting the check mark in their top left corner
- Select the Quick Schedule button at the bottom of your Media Library
You'll see your videos populate your Quick Schedule time slots. To fully automate your posting, turn each post to Auto Publish.
Tip: Quick Schedule posts when your audience is online and active by heading to your Calendar Settings and turning on Best Time to Post for TikTok. Later will then calculate and reveal when to schedule posts for optimal engagement.
A few more useful tips to remember when using Later's Quick Schedule feature:
- To adjust time slots, just drag and drop the box on the Calendar
- To add an additional time slot, simply double-click where you'd like the slot to be on your Calendar
Engage Your Audience
Keeping up with your audience is a great way to stay in tune with how your content is resonating with your community and, if you're a business owner, to provide stellar customer service. However, it can be a challenge to read, let alone respond to, every comment as they come pouring in.
Later's Conversations feature is a great time saving hack, allowing you to connect with your audience and answer their questions, all at once, from your computer.
Note: TikTok Conversations is only available for TikTok Business Accounts on certain Later plans.
To access the Conversations feature for TikTok within Later for Desktop:
- Select Conversations from the side menu
- Choose your TikTok profile from the top dropdown menu
From here, you will have the option to view your comments in either of the following three ways:
- Inbox View: This view is great for tackling time-sensitive comments as the most recent comments will appear on top.
- Post View: Use this view if you’re looking to address comments connected to a particular post.
- User View: This view comes in handy when you’re looking to respond to a specific user, like a contest winner, or if you need to view a user’s entire conversation history.
Beneath your view options, you can also look up specific comments by using the search bar to look for keywords or phrases.
Tip: If you’re looking to answer questions from your followers, enter “?” into the search bar. This will narrow down your comments to only those containing a question mark.
Once you are able to view your comments, TikTok Conversations allows you to interact with your audience in the following ways:
- Reply: Answer questions, address concerns, and connect with your audience by selecting a comment and entering your response in the text box. Your response will be threaded (as it would be on TikTok) and the commenter's username will automatically be added. If you'd rather your comment not be threaded, simply select Reply as Comment.
- Like: Show your appreciation by hovering over a comment and selecting the heart icon to give it a like.
- Delete: If you need to delete a comment you made, just hover over it and select the trash can icon.
- Hide: Notice inappropriate or harmful comments on your feed? Hover over a comment and select the crossed-out eye icon to hide it (just remember that, due to TikTok limitations, comments are hidden permanently).
Tip: Use TikTok Analytics to determine what times of the week your audience is most likely online and engaged. Block off this time in your schedule to use the Conversations feature. Chances are, you’ll catch a large portion of your followers online and will be able to respond to their comments in real time!
Grow Your Business with Linkin.bio
Convert your TikTok audience into customers, newsletter subscribers, community members, and more with Later's Linkin.bio. Setting up Linkin.bio allows you to redirect traffic from your TikTok feed to any webpage, turning your profile into a major promotional tool to grow your business.
Set Up Linkin.bio
To set up your Linkin.bio page with your TikTok profile, ensure that you have an Instagram account connected within the same Social Set as your TikTok account and then follow these steps:
- In Later for Desktop, select Linkin.bio from the side menu
- Choose a username for your Linkin.bio landing page (this will form your Linkin.bio URL)
- Select Get Started
Depending on your plan, you'll now have the option to connect your TikTok profile. To do this:
- Select Linked Social Posts under the Blocks menu
- Select the Add button beside your TikTok profile
Congratulations—your Linkin.bio page is now set up and connected to your TikTok profile! However, before you promote your new landing page, you’ll want to add some buttons and links to your posts.
Tip: Depending on your plan, your Linkin.bio landing page is completely customizable. From choosing the color of your page, buttons, and text to modifying the shape, style, and shadow of your buttons, Linkin.bio provides the tools you need to keep your brand's aesthetic cohesive. Learn more about customizing your Linkin.bio landing page at the Help Center.
Adding Buttons and Linked Posts
Buttons allow you to send your followers to any webpage important to your business. To add them to your Linkin.bio page:
- Select Add or Edit next to the Buttons block
- Select Add Button or Add Another Button
- Enter your button text
- Enter the link your button will go to
- Save Changes
Tip: Within the Linkin.bio tab on Later for Desktop, you can access Linkin.bio Button Analytics. Simply select the Buttons block and you'll see the number of times each of your buttons have been clicked since they were created. This will tell you where your social strategy is directing most of your traffic.
Linked posts will appear on your Linkin.bio landing page and give your audience easy access to blog posts, product pages, announcements, etc. When paired with a strong call to action, such as "Read more at the link in bio," your followers will quickly find more of your content.
For example, say you want to promote your newest blog post. With your TikTok profile connected to Linkin.bio, you'll be able to send followers directly from your feed to your blog in a few simple steps, increasing your reach and readership.
To add a link when scheduling a TikTok post, open the post builder and select Add Linkin.bio. Then, add the URL to any web page and schedule your post as usual.
To add a link to an existing TikTok post in Later for Desktop:
- Select the TikTok heading from the top of your Linkin.bio preview grid
- From your TikTok preview grid, select the post you’d like to link
- Enter your URL in the Linkin.bio field
- Select Save Changes
Introduce Your Linkin.bio Page to Your Audience
Now that you have added your buttons and linked posts, it's time to add your Linkin.bio page to your TikTok profile. To do this, simply open the TikTok mobile app, select Edit Profile, and enter your Linkin.bio landing page URL into the website field. Be sure to direct your audience to your bio any time you add a new link.
Note: Only TikTok Business Accounts with over 1,000 followers will be able to add their Linkin.bio landing page to their TikTok bio.
For more information on how to get the most out of your Linkin.bio, check out our comprehensive guide below.How to Use Linkin.bio
Measuring the success of your social strategy is a key ingredient in growing your business. With TikTok Analytics, you'll gain insight into exactly who your audience is and what kind of videos they're enjoying. This will help you to better plan content that is scientifically proven to help you grow.
To access your TikTok Analytics:
- Select Analytics from the side menu
- Choose your TikTok profile from the top dropdown menu
From here, your Analytics are broken down into three separate tabs: Overview, Audience, and Post Performance.
Note: TikTok Analytics are only available for TikTok Business Accounts on certain Later plans.
See your stats in a glance! The summary section of your Analytics page will display your total number of video views, profile views, and followers, as well as your video likes, comments, and shares within the last 90 days.
Profile Growth & Discovery
Here, you will see graphs showing how your TikTok follower count and video views have grown and changed over time. Depending on your plan, you can set the data date range up to a year.
This data will provide insight into how often your audience has visited your profile over your selected period of time.
Once you have 100 TikTok followers, you can access this data to determine when your audience is most likely to engage with your TikTok content. The darker purple a time slot is, the more engaged your followers are. If you hover over each individual time slot, you'll be able to see the actual number of followers online at that time. This information is helpful when determining the best time to post your TikTok content.
Under this section, you'll get to know your TikTok audience. A pie chart will show you a broad gender make-up of your audience. This section will also reveal in which countries your content is most popular (again, the darker purple the country, the more popular your content is). These metrics can be used to better position and promote your business since you'll have a better idea of who your content is reaching.
Note: TikTok Audience Analytics are available to TikTok Business Accounts with over 100 followers.
Detailed Post Performance
This section breaks down the performance of your individual TikTok posts within a determined date range. Scroll through the table and view a selection of metrics like audience reached, number of likes, comments, views, and shares. You'll also be able to see how many users viewed an entire video and the total time your post was watched.
If you select a post within the table, you'll also be shown a breakdown of how your post was discovered by viewers and which countries your views are coming from. These metrics will let you know what kind of content is most popular with your audience, which can help you plan future successful content
TikTok is a powerful tool for growing your audience, engaging with your followers, and promoting goods and services. Check out the following resources to learn more about how you can use TikTok to its fullest potential.
In this free webinar, you’ll learn just how the TikTok algorithm works and easy ways to grow your audience and engagement.Register Now >
Learn more about TikTok itself, how to create successful videos, and see great examples of how other brands are marketing themselves on the app.Read More >
In this free five–day email challenge, you’ll get a series of actionable steps toward reaching viral status.Sign Up >