What Are the Benefits of Using Linkin.bio for Creators?
As a creator, you connect your audience to new products, brands, and experiences. Use Later’s Linkin.bio to create these connections, and bring your followers to wherever your content is found online.
By guiding your Instagram and Tiktok audiences to check the link in your bio, you'll convert followers into customers, boost the reach of your content, promote partnerships, and more, all from one convenient hub.
In this guide, you'll learn how Later's Linkin.bio can help you:
- Grow your following by expanding your brand beyond your social profiles
- Create more opportunities to monetize your content
- Connect directly with your community through the collection of email addresses
- Track reach and clicks (at no extra cost)
So head to the Linkin.bio management page on either Later for Desktop or the Later mobile app and let's dive in!
Expand Your Brand
Incorporating Linkin.bio into your social strategy, and customizing it to align with your brand's goals and aesthetic, creates a seamless experience for followers engaging with your content everywhere it lives online.
Let's learn how you can expand your brand with Linkin.bio and use it to share your passions with a wider audience.
Designing Your Linkin.bio Page
You've put a lot of work into building your brand. From your values, to tone and aesthetic, your followers know what to expect from your content.
Keep this consistency by fully customizing the look of your Linkin.bio page. When you head to the Linkin.bio Design tab on either your phone or computer, you'll find options to:
- Pick a preset aesthetic theme
- Choose a page and block color or background image
- Select text font and color
- Determine block shape, style, and shadow
Tip: If you have specific colors used across your brand, enter their hex codes when choosing your page and block colors.
For a personal touch, choose a profile pic, name, and bio for your Linkin.bio page. To do this, go to the Blocks tab on either your phone or computer and:
- Pick Profile from the blocks menu
- Select Upload next to the profile photo icon and choose your image
- Enter a profile name
- Write a short bio
- Select Save Changes
Direct Traffic Anywhere Online
Help your audience discover more of your content with social links and buttons.
Adding the Social Links block to your Linkin.bio page helps your followers find all of your online content.
To add links to all your social channels, go to the Blocks tab on either your phone or computer and:
- Select Social Links from the blocks menu
- Choose the social platform you'd like to add from the Social Platform dropdown menu
- Add your profile link or username
- Choose Add Another Social Link to continue adding all of your social profiles
- Once you've finished, select Save Changes
Buttons also make it super easy to direct traffic anywhere you want online. Have a new blog post? Promoting a particular product? Get your followers there with just one click of a button.
To add buttons to your Linkin.bio page from either your phone or computer:
- Choose Buttons from the Blocks menu and select Add Button
- Enter the text you want to appear on your button
- Add a link to where you want the button to direct traffic
- Select Add Another Button to continue adding more buttons
- Once you've finished adding buttons, select Save Changes
Feature Your Most Important Links
What's your number one social media goal? Is it to monetize your content? Maybe you'd like to share your passions with a wider community? Whatever your purpose, Linkin.bio's feature blocks can help you shine a spotlight on your most important content.
Think of the Featured Banner block as your biggest and boldest button and use it to promote your highest value webpage. To add a Featured Banner from either your phone or computer:
- Select Featured Banner from the blocks menu
- Upload or choose an icon that will appear on your banner
- Enter your banner title and description
- Add the link and linked text
- Select Save Changes
Additionally, your Featured Media block is a perfect place to highlight your latest content. Here's how you can add one to your Linkin.bio page from either your phone or computer:
- Choose Featured Media from the blocks menu
- From the dropdown menu, select your latest Instagram or TikTok post, or a YouTube video
- If adding a YouTube video, enter the link
- Select Save Changes
Monetize Your Content
The link in your bio is a powerful tool for converting followers into customers. Whether it's driving traffic to product pages, sponsored blog posts, or videos, selling through your socials has never been easier.
If you're looking to monetize your feed, Linkin.bio's got you covered. Let's get into it.
Adding Links to Posts
Welcome followers to your online store with linked social posts. Simply post a product, add a link to the product page, and tell your audience to check the link in your bio. See? Easy peasy!
And it doesn't have to just be product pages. Post a new recipe on the blog? Release a new video on YouTube? Add links to these webpages and more to share them with your audience.
To add a link to your TikTok and Instagram posts when scheduling on either your phone or computer:
- Create and build your post
- While in the post builder, select Linkin.bio
- Enter the URL you'd like the post to link to
- Save and select Schedule Post
If you'd like to add a link to a previously published post, just head to the Linkin.bio management page, select the post from the preview grid and enter the URL.
Tip: Do you know your best times to post on Instagram and TikTok? Later does! The Best Time to Post feature analyzes a wide variety of variables (like your unique follower demographics and industry data) to calculate the optimal posting times for your specific audience. When you schedule your linked social posts at these times, it increases the chance your link will be clicked by a curious customer. Learn more here.
Connect with Your Followers
Boost your subscriber base with Linkin.bio's Mailchimp integration! A robust mailing list is handy for communicating directly with your followers, and provides a new way to promote your latest content.
When you add the Mailchimp block to your Linkin.bio page, followers can sign up for your newsletter, promos, or marketing mailing lists straight from your social profile.
To start collecting email addresses, you'll need to connect your Linkin.bio and Mailchimp accounts. To do this, head to the Linkin.bio management page on either your phone or computer and:
- Choose Mailchimp from the blocks menu
- Select the Connect button next to the Mailchimp logo
- Log into your Mailchimp account
- Allow Later access to your Mailchimp account
Great! Now, to add the Mailchimp block to your Linkin.bio page, within the Mailchimp block editor:
- Enter a Block Title and write a Block Description
- Select the Mailchimp audience you'd like addresses added to from the Audience dropdown
- Add a Form Title, Form Description, and Sign Up Button text
- Select Save Changes
Tip: While a description is not mandatory, it's a great tool for providing followers with more context as to why they should provide their email address. For example, if you are collecting emails for your newsletter mailing list, a description could be “Sign up and receive exclusive content every Thursday.”
Measure & Share Your Social Success
Make content your audience is scientifically sure to love with Linkin.bio Analytics.
Linkin.bio offers an accessible analytics package—at no extra cost. Discover what content is driving the most clicks and conversions, then share your findings with just one tap.
Block some time once a week to review your analytics. Spikes or dips in any of your metrics will show what content is helping (or hurting) your growth and engagement, so you can better plan content your audience enjoys.
Tip: New to analytics and not quite sure what any of these numbers mean? Check out Learn With Later's free course, All About Analytics. In just 15 minutes, you'll understand the difference between discovery, action, and conversion metrics and how they can help you reach your goals faster.
To access Linkin.bio Analytics within Later for Desktop:
- Select Analytics from the side menu
- Choose your Instagram profile from the dropdown menu at the top of the page
- Open the Linkin.bio Analytics tab
From here, you will see Linkin.bio Interactions and Linkin.bio Page Views by Location data. This overview will reveal how successfully your Linkin.bio has driven traffic over a determined period of time (up to one year, depending on your Later plan). Here, you'll see a breakdown of:
- Page views
- Button and post clicks
- Click-through percentage
- Top performing countries and cities
To check how your individual Instagram posts are performing, head to the Instagram Post Performance tab. Under the Linkin.bio column, you'll see the total number of clicks each of your Linkin.bio posts have received.
TikTok post performance can be found within the Linkin.bio management page. Just select any linked TikTok post from your Linkin.bio preview feed, and the number of clicks will appear under Performance in the left hand sidebar.
The Linkin.bio management page also provides the number of clicks on each of your social links and buttons, as well as your featured banner and mailchimp block.
To share your stats with your team or creative partners, simply select the Export CSV button to the top right of any chart.
Now that you're on your way with Linkin.bio, let's discover some other Later resources that will help you on your creator journey.
Looking to turn that 5-9 into a 9-5? In this video, we're sharing exactly what you need to become a full time content creator.
How do creators make money online? From teaching a course to offering exclusive content, learn some of the best ways you can cash in on your creativity.